Our phone lines are open from 8.30am until 6.30pm, Mondays to Fridays by calling 0207 428 5700. We are closed on weekends and bank holidays. You can access help out of hours by calling NHS 111.
During opening hours, you can access emergency care from our team of triage doctors by calling reception.
You can also consult online with a doctor or raise a request for our pharmacists or admin team here. We aim to respond in one working day.
In response to coronavirus, we are discouraging unnecessary visits to the practice but we are still offering a full service:
- Our doctors, nurses and pharmacists will initially consult by telephone. They may invite you to come to the practice if you need to be examined.
- Some face to face appointments for routine care can be booked directly via reception including cervical screening, immunisations, wound care and postnatal/infant 8-week checks.
Visiting the practice
- You can access the practice from Leighton Road and Peckwater Street as usual.
- All patients are asked to bring a mask and to respect social distancing rules to protect staff and other patients.
- When you arrive, our receptionists will ask you 4 questions to ensure you do not have symptoms of coronavirus.
- Our public toilets are open but please go to the loo before you come to avoid unnecessary risk of infection to yourself and others. We provide antibacterial supplies and will ask you to clean surfaces before and after use.
- To support social distancing, we may temporarily prevent access to the practice if the reception hall is busy. If the doors are closed, please call reception on 0207 428 5702 when you arrive.
We do not accept emails from patients directly. If you wish to share information with a doctor or another member of staff, please submit an online consultation here.
The Caversham Group Practice,
4 Peckwater Street,
View Caversham Group Practice in a larger map
Contact Information For Hospitals
|University College Hospital||0845 155 5000||0203 456 7010|
|Royal Free Hospital||0207 794 0500||Ask at Switchboard|
|Whittington Hospital||0207 272 3070||0207 288 3550/3052|
|Moorfields Hospital||0207 255 3411||0207 566 2208/2209|