What is the idea?
- Developing the garden space attached to the practice to be used for patient groups, staff use and possible community events.
Inspiration and references
- See Kings Fund report ‘Gardens and Health’ www.kingsfund.org.uk/publications/gardens-and-health – this outlines the case for the importance of gardening in fostering wellbeing and collects evidence for garden/ horticultural therapy projects and their link to better health outcomes “the sheer weight of evidence – qualitative and quantitative – on how gardening and access to gardens affect our health and wellbeing is overwhelming” David Buck, Senior Fellow, Public Health and Inequalities,
- Garden space at Kentish Town Health Centre
- There are various garden related projects linked to primary care organisations e.g. Bromley by Bow Centre http://www.bbbc.org.uk/about-us, Sydenam Garden . https://www.sydenhamgarden.org.uk/about-us, Lambeth GP Food cooperative www.lgpfc.co.uk
Where is the space?
- The internal courtyard between the Caversham Group Practice and the Peckwater Centre
How can the PPG be involved?
- Work in collaboration with the practice to develop the project further.
- Help with running the project- e.g. ongoing fundraising, involvement in groups, help with community events.
- Visit: The Listening Space Web Site.